Sweet! Summer is Here!
Summer hit Canada early this year and we put our subscription ON SALE to celebrate. With our Summer Sale the 6 month subscription to ESL-Library costs just $33 (reg. $40), and the 12 month subscription is only $55! Please remind your teacher pals to sign up now at our discount price. If you work with a large number of teachers and share a small amount of resources, send us an email and we’ll work out a sweet group deal!
Father’s Day is on Sunday, June 20th. Be sure to add our NEW intermediate holiday lesson to your personal library. You will learn some interesting history about the Mother of Father’s Day. “By the time a father realizes his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong.” Charles Wadsworth
New Lesson Plans this Month
- Discussion Starters: Athlete Salaries v+ Audio
- Holidays: Father’s Day (Intermediate)
- Warm up (FREE): Speedy Tales, Lie Detecter
- Detective Series: Episode 4: Questioning the gardener
- Detective Series: Episode 5: Questioning the housekeeper
- Detective Series: Episode 6: Questioning Paul (Fiancé)
- First Year (Everyday Idioms): Episode 4: Roommate Issues
- Every Day is a Holiday (FREE): World Oceans Day (June 8 )
- Spanish Lessons – Modismos cada dia: Campanas de boda + Audio
How do you stay connected?
When it comes to networking with other teachers, there are so many options to choose from. You can use Facebook groups, twitter PLNs, TEFL forums, Nings, and blogs. At ESL-Library, we want to know which format you like best and why. Please join our discussion: Which Network do you Prefer? While you’re at it, tell us if you “LIKE” the new Facebook LIKE system?
Keeping Cool in the Classroom
Does your classroom have air conditioning or at least a ceiling fan? Many schools do not. Even if your school closes for July and August, the heat in June could make it difficult for students to concentrate. Here are 3 activities for staying cool in the classroom on a hot day:
- Have a brainstorming session using the word “cold”.
- Do a lesson on Ice Cream and then take a trip to your nearest parlor. Have students write down all of the flavors. Back in the classroom your students will love practising the pronunciation of words like Jamocha Almond Fudge and Caramel Coconut Swirl. Pairs can take turns describing and guessing favorite flavors.
- Have a 5 minute “silent session” under a shady tree. Have students write about or discuss the experience. What did you think about? How did it feel to be quiet for so long? Tell students to close their eyes and describe what they saw.
Do you use ESL-Library’s filing system (My Library) to keep your lessons organized? Do you assign our podcasts for homework? Are your students waiting for the next episode of our NEW Detective Series? If you’re using our materials in the classroom, we’d love to post your story on our blog. Contact Tara if you are interested in being our Guest Blogger of the Month. email@example.com
Have a wonderful month!
The Staff at ESL-Library
“I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” Lucy Maud Montgomery